Friday, March 23, 2012

Prairie Schooler Santa

I finished my Prairie Schooler Santa for an exchange and I will be able to mail it tomorrow.  I loved making it.  It is the 1996 Santa and I used the suggested DMC colors for it.  I stitched it on 28 ct opalescent linen,  so it has a little sparkle to it.  I used ribbon with wire for the hanger and it is anchored to the ornament with antique white buttons from my grandmother's stash.  I finished the ornament by hand stitching and putting red and white beads at the top and bottom.  I am enclosing a little extra gift for my partner.  It is a hand turned needle threader made by my sweet DH.
Now back to my Becky Boos patriotic pattern on big count fabric.  I will start another small exchange piece tomorrow.  I have been stitching to the HBO series, "The Tudors".  It wasn't good to be the wife of Henry VIII.  Off with your head!!!!!  I also have been stitching with March Madness.  When I can take it no longer I put in my ear buds and listen to a book on CD. :) 
I have thoroughly enjoyed my spring break.  I cleaned house., I organized my threads, checked on my stash and of course I found things I had forgotten I owned.  I started a new file for patterns so I am trying very hard to be organized.  I am ready to go back and teach and work with the kids.  I do enjoy them.  May God Bless You and Keep You All of the Days of Your Lives.


No comments: