Friday, March 23, 2012

Prairie Schooler Santa

I finished my Prairie Schooler Santa for an exchange and I will be able to mail it tomorrow.  I loved making it.  It is the 1996 Santa and I used the suggested DMC colors for it.  I stitched it on 28 ct opalescent linen,  so it has a little sparkle to it.  I used ribbon with wire for the hanger and it is anchored to the ornament with antique white buttons from my grandmother's stash.  I finished the ornament by hand stitching and putting red and white beads at the top and bottom.  I am enclosing a little extra gift for my partner.  It is a hand turned needle threader made by my sweet DH.
Now back to my Becky Boos patriotic pattern on big count fabric.  I will start another small exchange piece tomorrow.  I have been stitching to the HBO series, "The Tudors".  It wasn't good to be the wife of Henry VIII.  Off with your head!!!!!  I also have been stitching with March Madness.  When I can take it no longer I put in my ear buds and listen to a book on CD. :) 
I have thoroughly enjoyed my spring break.  I cleaned house., I organized my threads, checked on my stash and of course I found things I had forgotten I owned.  I started a new file for patterns so I am trying very hard to be organized.  I am ready to go back and teach and work with the kids.  I do enjoy them.  May God Bless You and Keep You All of the Days of Your Lives.


1 comment:

Blogger said...

There's shocking news in the sports betting world.

It's been said that any bettor must watch this,

Watch this now or quit placing bets on sports...

Sports Cash System - Robotic Sports Betting Software