Sunday, August 28, 2011

I Did It On My Own













Yes, old dogs can learn new tricks. I was going to call my friend, Becky K. this next weekend to help me finish my Fall Pyn Keep. Duh, the 2nd of September is Friday, tooooo late. So I got busy last night and this afternoon and did it my self. I took the 2 tutorials that Anita's Little Stitches has on her blog and combined them and added my own 2 cents and finished it. I used the trim I had ordered from Anita and I love it. It lays so smoothly and evenly. There are some mistakes but I don't think they are too noticeable and I truly loved making it. Now I want to make some more so I can really do it without all of the stress. : ) I used :The Pumpkin Farm" from Bent Creek Snapperville. I used fabric that was in my stash and I used the threads that were suggested. Fun project!

School is going well and I am busy. I have great classes this year and the students are really working hard. This will be a wild week because we have Open House for 3 nights but I only have to attend 2 of them. It just makes for a late evening but oh well.

I need to clean my house and run to the store. Have a wonderful week and God Bless You.

2 comments:

Becky K in OK said...

Well, darn it all girl, you did a fantastic job. Boo hoo, I'm no longer needed!! Hope your partner loves it. I know I would it I received your jewel.

Diana said...

It turned out great, hope to see more of your stitching too.