Monday, July 30, 2012

My Seasonal Exchange is in the Air

I sent my seasonal exchange today and it should take about 10 days to reach its destination.  I used a kit in my stash from a stitching weekend with Stitchworks.  That has been a few years ago.  We met in a Sorrowful Sisters convent for a long weekend and who would have guessed,  I would be teaching about 3 miles from there now.  Small world.The design is called Summer Silk Sampler.  It is stitched on 35 ct. northern cross linen with silk splendor threads.  I put seeds from my lavender plant in the little flat ornament.  I finished the edges with crescent colours cotton chenille.  Then I secured a ribbon with a button for a hanger. Here is a picture of the exchange.




1 comment:

Becky K in OK said...

You are becoming a real pro at this finishing business. Pretty, pretty.